Friday 12 February 2010

Welcome!

This is the start of a new adventure for me, and a lot of my friends. An adventure into the world of baking. This in itself isn't anything new for me, I bake a lot in my spare time, however I never really thought about showing my cakes, cookies, scones or whatever off to anyone. A lot of my friends have been impressed by cakes I've made, usually because they think they taste amazing, so now I've started to experiment with decorating cakes, and to experiment with sharing the recipes I use with people.

So that's where this blog comes in, I post photos, recipes, comments and the occasional video "master class" (once I've got the guts to do it) to show you exactly what I do when I bake. Not only this, but I'm hoping to use this as an oppourtunity to teach a few of my friends how to cook, not just bake. So there will be the occasional dinner recipe thrown in for you all to try your hand at. Basically, I'm trying to show my friends (and possibly you) just how much fun baking can be, and encourage more people to bake, and to ask parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, distant relations, heck even your next door neighbour for recipes they used to use. You never know, it could turn out to be the most amazing meal you've ever cooked for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment